Matrix Element S

Just got this today and was disappointed that it is NOT Roon certified. It was just released on April 25th and all of rthe Matix hype indicated it was Roon Ready. I even got a coupon with a Roon trial code. Any idea as to when the certification will be approved?
Thanks

Normally MA is really fast in certification, but ask not here. The MA forum is the better place for such questions.

I take it you have checked for software updates on the Element S
Sometimes Roon does a back end push to enable devices without requiring a firmware update.

@support any comment for @John_Raimondi

Roon doesn’t communicate on any pending certifications. You’ll want to ask Matrix Audio for a status update. And while you’re at it, might as well ask them why they advertised Roon Ready when it’s not yet certified :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did and got no response. Thinking of sending it back and going back to my Lumin U1 and Matrix X-SPDIF 3 arrangement.

Matrix did respond. They are activiely working to complete the certification process. Once they get the approval they will update the software to make it Roon Ready. It is a nice piece of equipment with an i2s connection. Roon recognizes it as an airplay device now. Still sounds very good. Looking forward to full Roon access.

It says very clear in Matrix Audio website “Under Certification Test”. Matrix Audio gets their streamers certified very fast so just wait a couple of weeks.

Looking at Roons Matrix page for partners it’s not listed yet but oddly clicking on the element P leads to the Element S page on Matrix site.

Has anyone opened up the unit yet to check out the build? Does it have a switching power supply like the I2?

Thanks.

I guess I will answer my own question. I found a photo online. Looks like the same Mean Well switching power supply as in the I2 Element

(with the M2 and X2 adding a linear power supply for the analog circuit).

It would be nice to know if the certification process takes 1 month, 6 months or more. I bought my Element S 2 weeks ago and the dealer told me that the certification should be ready in very short time. The MA app and Qobuz working well,but I really miss the Roon flexibility, also since I have paid for Roon for the next 12 month’s. :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s impossible to set a fixed period for the process. The Roon Ready article says this:

Roon Ready certification is a detailed process. We sit down with a device, typically for a period of a few weeks, learn about it, use it daily, and work through all the fine-tuning of the integration. We make sure that all details are seen to and everything behaves as expected. Devices don’t achieve certification until we say they’re ready!

If anything goes wrong, then Roon Labs cycles back with the partner to resolve the integration, and everything starts again.

Has been two months since the release of the Matrix Element S. Still no Roon Certification.

The last I hear is that the person in charge of certifications at Roon Labs left and they got backed up with all pending certifications. Now they hired another person and certifications have been resumed but it’s going to take some time to catch up.

4 Likes

Relax, its Matrix Audio, not Hegel.

3 Likes

Nobody is more interested to get the MA element S certified than Roon Labs as they are Matrix Audio dealer in the USA. I got my MA element i2 from the Roon Store.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard anything further either from Roon or Matrix Audio regarding the Roon certification of the Element S? Thanks.

Pretty sure it’s coming soon as Matrix Audio released today the Matrix Audio mini-i Pro 4 with Roon Ready certification pending as well.

1 Like

Thanks, Enrico. It promises to be a really nice streamer. Getting excited about it to pair wih PS Audio Directstream mkii Dac.

It’ s really a nice streamer, very nice combination with my DS Dac MK2. I did a comparison between the Matrix and Eversolo A6 and the Matrix was superior in SQ.

1 Like