MAX SAMPLE RATE ERROR in Device Setup

Roon Server Machine

Roon server 2.0 1353
Server Hardware: Intel 12 Gen, i7-1260P
Server system: Audiolinux v7.5.0
ARCH: supported x86-64-v3 x86-64-v2 configured x86_64_v3
MARCH: supported ALDERLAKE running ALDERLAKE
KERNEL TIMER FREQUENCY: 1666 Hz
MEMORY UTILIZATION
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 30Gi 2.1Gi 23Gi 77Mi 5.7Gi 28Gi

Networking Gear & Setup Details

IDX LINK TYPE OPERATIONAL SETUP
1 lo loopback carrier unmanaged
2 enp86s0 ether routable configured
SPEED:
enp86s0 2500
SAMBA: enabled
Remote access to the music folder via SAMBA.
Remote storage device: NAS (Synology: DSM 7.2 64570)


Client Roon APP:
截屏2023-12-18 18.20.25

Connected Audio Devices

USB audio CARDS IRQ:
00:14.0 AURALiC ALTAIR G1 USB Audio 2.0
IRQ: 129
DEVICE POWER SPEED VENDOR PRODUCT BIND NAME
3-1 on 12 046d c52b yes USB Receiver Logitech
3-4 on 480 05e3 0608 yes USB2.0 Hub
3-4.2 on 480 1511 0062 yes ALTAIR G1 USB Audio 2.0 AURALiC
3-5 on 12 2109 0103 yes USB 2.0 BILLBOARD VLI Inc.
3-7 on 480 090c 1000 yes Flash Drive FIT Samsung
4-2 on 5000 174c 55aa yes AS2115 ASMedia

AUDIO CARDS
CARD TYPE IDENTITY STATUS NAME
card0 USB Audio card 1511:0062 access: RW_INTERLEAVED AURALiC ALTAIR G1 USB Audio 2.0 at usb-0000:00:14.0-4.2, high speed

Description of Issue

The device supports DSD 512 and also played via stream normally.
Today I suddenly found the sample rate of “DSD 512” was “ERROR”.
How can I fix this error?
截屏2023-12-18 18.27.55

But in USB connection, the sample rate still supports DSD512.
截屏2023-12-18 18.29.04


And DSD512 playing via USB is still OK.

But DSD512 playing via stream is downgraded to DSD256 since I couldn’t set DSD512(ERROR).

Just another user, suggesting to try the obvious reboot or power cycle of your involved components, unless you‘ve done that and just forgotten to report here!

Marin_Weigel:
suggesting to try the obvious reboot or power cycle of your involved components,

Thanks for your reminder! I think it a basic debug process to do so. Already rebooted the linux and roonservice for many times, and also reinstalled the Roon Server application twice but not solved the issue.

No one knows until you say so, right?
So please consider doing support the favor and help speed up meaningful feedback by following instructions as can be read when opening a support post …

Describe Your Setup
It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.
Your post should include:
*Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
*Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
*Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
*Audio devices in use
*Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
Including these details in your first post helps us resolve your issues faster.
Screenshots
In many cases, screenshots of your audio settings or signal path may help us resolve your issues faster.

You are correct. It’s not clear if I don’t provide some key hardware/software information.
I’ve updated relevant information in the initial post as you mentioned.
Thank you again!

1 Like

After updating to build 1357 just now, the issue was solved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.