MBP suddenly can't find Roon Core (Nucleus+)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 2019 16" MBP
Netgear Orbi mesh wifi network, Nucleus+ hardwired to a satellite
Nucleus+ OS version 1.0 (build 227)
Roon Server Software version 1.7 (build 667)
Roon Labs Software version 1.0 (build 12)

My MBP cannot find the Roon Core (Nucleus+). I’ve restarted the Nucleus+, the router and the MBP. Other devices, such as an iMac and iPhone can easily connect to the Core. The web control interface can connect to the Nucleus+.

Roon worked fine on this MBP until I just sat down to listen to some music and it can’t find the Core no matter what I do. I tried to scan the IP address; no luck. Otherwise, the MBP accesses everything else on the network just fine (internet etc). I have not recently updated the OS or any apps.

Just an endless Looking for Roon Core message.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bizarre. Now it works. I came upstairs, opened the MBP and suddenly Roon was up and running!

Earlier, I had connected a DAC via USB before I started Roon (small headphone system where I use this MBP as source). Maybe that through Roon off? Therefore, keep Roon running at all times.

Hi @Andrew_Thompson,

I’m glad things are working for you now! If you see any issues return please let us know and we’ll be happy to take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.