McIntosh USB bug fixed

(Christoph Longree) #1

… anyone using McIntosh (C52 in my case) may have experienced the problem that the DAC mutes the first second when addressed via USB connection… I had my C52 serviced and the software update installed - problem was fixed by this.

Just thought it might be interesting 4 people having the same issues (reported several times here)…

(Mike Ormerod) #2

I have a C52 also and have the issue. Do know what the fix was/is ? What is your firmware version now?

Have a MA9000, it has the same DAC-module (DA1). Just upgraded my DAC firmware to the newest 1.02 - all existing problems are gone :grinning:

Remark: System-fimware and DAC-firmware are 2 different things. And: Self-updating does not forgive mistakes.

(Christoph Longree) #4

… I had mine sent in for the service…

(Mike Ormerod) #5

I understand but it would be great to know the firmware version in your C52. Mine is 1.06.

(Christoph Longree) #6

Hi - I`ll check next week and let u know… :slight_smile:

(Mike Ormerod) #7

I still have this issue and McIntosh support is being less than cooperative. I’d love to know what was fixed @Christoph_Longree when your unit was serviced. Anyone else with a C52 having the issue? I’m pushing them to update the firmware to add the same USB Automute setting that is exposed in other models which allows you to turn off the feature.

I upsample via noon to dad 64 and there are no issues with dac muting or strange noises. I turned off the usb mute feature. I use a mcintosh d1100.

(Christoph Longree) #9

Some Software Update - but I‘m in Germany and the Distributor (Audio Components) took care of it…

(Mike Ormerod) #10

The key here is ‘I turned off the usb mute feature’ - Unfortunately, that option isn’t on the C52, which is what I’m trying to get McIntosh to add to the C52 firmware.

I did not know that. Seems like a reasonable request to Mcintosh.

(Julien Boissard) #12

Hello, did the service fixed the problem ? What is your firmware revision? I am having V1.06 on my C52 and still having the mute issue.

(Mike Ormerod) #13

Nope :frowning: Even worse they claim it’s not something that could be simply fixed by a new firmware that could be customer installed. Have you contacted McIntosh support? It would be great if they heard from other people to see if we can somehow force them into action!