Media from NAS loading slowly

Dear Noris,

Yesterday I’ve prepared the test environment (old Synology DS1010+, Intel NUC) and until now everything looks ok (I had time for 5-6 albums) - no tracks were interrupted and skipped.

There are few main configuration differences:

• no link aggregation vs link aggregation 802.3ad configured on NAS and Cisco switches
  • 32 bit DSM 5.2xxx vs 64-bit DSM 6.2xxx
  • RAID 6 vs RAID SHR (Synology Hybrid Raid)

I’m afraid, I have no time to test it more deeply - please send me your remarks and independently I’ll discuss this topics with my colleagues.

Kind regards,
Waldemar

Hi @Waldemar_Kwasnik,

Thanks for letting me know that the issue does not also appear on the Synology DS1010. When I last brought up your case with the team they noted that link aggregation is likely to be the cause of the issue.

The simplest way to test this would be to turn the link aggregation off on your DS1817 NAS to see if this plays a role and this would be my suggested follow-up step here. We have also recently released Roon build 416 which contain a few performance improvements and I suggest you give this a try as well, but my suspicion here is still on the link aggregation.

– Noris

Dear Noris,

Unfortunately, Roon build 416 didn’t help. Actually, for Roon I’m using the old NAS and it’s ok - no problems so far. I don’t want to turn off the link aggregation on my main NAS - there are other applications as well. Unfortunately, turning off the aggregation on old model 1010 took me 2 hours for solving some problems caused by this operation - I wouldn’t like to repeat it with my main matrix.
I’m going to discuss this issue with my administrators and maybe there are also some settings of Cisco switches which can be changed. I’ll let you know.

Kind regards,
Waldemar

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.