Memory issue causing Roon to fail?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
CAPSZUMA server i7-4790, 3.60 GHz, 16 GB RAM, WS2019/AO3.0, Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Synology 1813+, wired to server through Netgear unmanaged switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
I have 13 endpoints and the issue is affecting all, from USB Dragonfly DAC to Bel Canto streamer to Okto dac8pro

Description of Issue
I desired to consolidate all music on the NAS to a single watched folder. Of my roughly 335,000 tracks, I moved about 40,000 from other folders to my music folder on the NAS. Since then, I’ve been unable to play even 24/44.1 material, let alone MCH DSF files I was able to play before.

Memory is running 8-10 GB, way high, and likely the issue, as steady state before was 4-5 GB. I did remove Roon from the server after a backup and reinstalled. I’ve let input continue for more than 24 hours now and no further tracks are being inputted.

I shut off background audio analysis. No effect.

I keep getting error that tracks are failing to load. I will guess that you’ll want to see my logs — I will need instruction on which ones and where to send. Tracks play fine in JRiver off the same server and I am listening to real time digitized vinyl input at 32/192 and upscaled to DSD128 by HQ Player, also on the same server.

Photo shows how high Roon memory is at — and I’m not using it on any endpoint just now. Help! Thanks. JCR

Hi @Jeffrey_Robbins,

I’ve tagged Roon’s @support to follow this up for you.

In the meantime, can I suggest rebooting the Roon Core, and then monitoring it performance and memory usage once more.

Hello @Jeffrey_Robbins, and thanks for your report! Do you see this spike in resources if you import a small portion of your library at a time? I also saw you had this thread with Noris was this issue solved by the changes you had made?

Thanks for the followup here, @nuwriy. Yes, as reported on the other thread, I am back to “normal” with 3.7Gb of RAM being used now and background audio analysis speed running at 8 cores. Thanks. JCR

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.