Memory leak in QNAP/Synology NAS?

My QNAP with 8GB RAM is sitting at 49% after 2 days .

24 hours later and its gone from sub 2GB to 7.5GB. Not sure if this helps anyone but figured I would report it.

1 Like

On my i3 NUC I seem to be having a similar problem. RAM use just increases over time until after a number of hours, Roon becomes unresponsive and has to be killed and restarted. Found this thread looking for a solution…

I’m running Qnap NAS for the library with i3 NUC (8gb RAM) for Core.

1 Like

Definitely some problem here that didn’t used to exist. My Roon core was again unresponsive (as it becomes every other day now) and I checked the task manager. It was using nearly 6gb of RAM and also 60MB/sec disk resources. System was nearly unresponsive due to such heavy load and returned to normal when I killed Roon application. Opening it again, and the whole process starts all over until I’m here again tomorrow or the next day. I’ll start a new report ticket with Roon support.

1 Like

I’m having the same exact problem. After Roon Core maxes out the memory consumption and then the NAS memory collapses shutting the Roon Core down where you can see the available memory immediately become available within a couple seconds after that. And like you said, the process repeats itself a few times a day. Never happened before until the recent updates in May 2022 (for me at least). Dying to figure out what the fix is…

1 Like

My core was running really slow and went to check my NAS resources. Roon was using almost 10GB of Ram.

Currently its using 10.22GB, is this normal?

As of now, my Roon has been providing music for ten hours today and this is what my QNAP TVS-h874 shows for memory usage. I have a 12th Gen i5 core, 32GB RAM and 2TB M.2 cache.

This is getting out of hand now

Is this a known issue @crieke?

FYI I made a similar post a while ago - similar crazy RAM utilisation: High RAM usage on Synology NAS when running Roon 2.0 - constant re-starting of Roon remote on mac

1 Like

I just reinstalled the core and will report back if it is still an issue. Feb 2022 is still the latest version to my surprise.

Before the last update the Roon contanier RAM usage was around 900mb, and now around 1,55GB