Memory Swapping on RoonAppliance

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC8I7BEH/Debian 10 4.19.98-1+deb10u1/1.7 build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet, Unifi switches but not applicable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Not applicable

Description Of Issue

The core seems to go into full swapping after a few days, I haven’t noticed a definitive pattern. I’m not seeing anything too interesting in the Roon logs, but I haven’t had to look at them before.

I’ll upload a screenshot of htop showing Roon going nuts.

Restarting Roon alleviates the problem for a few more days, rinse and repeat.

Just restarted roonserver, and you can see things are back to normal.

Hi @hells,

The next time this occurs would you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Thanks!

I still have the logs, would you want me to send them?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctu06b40i27u4rk/hells_logs.zip?dl=0 here’s the link

Thanks, @hells — I’ll have the team take a look and will follow up with you once I have their feedback.

1 Like

Hey @dylan, any leads yet? I’ve been having the machine do a routine reboot each day to avoid the issue in the meantime.

Hi @hells,

I checked in with the team on this. We’ve tried reproducing this behavior but haven’t had any luck so far. Moving forward we are hoping you can do the following:

• Can you provide some additional information about your setup? Is there anything installed on this machine that might be playing into things, or any specific configurations that might help us to see this behavior?
  • Can you send us another set of logs the next time this happens so we can have some additional data on this?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.