Roon Core Machine

Dell desktop running Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi ethernet router and switches

Connected Audio Devices

Okto Research Dac 8 pro via USB

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have a box set of 18 SACDs ripped to DSD that appear as 18 albums. I want to merge them into one album of 18 logical discs. When I try to merge any combination of two up to all 18, the client crashes. I have done this with other similar box sets, so there seems to be something peculiar to this set of 18 discs.

How big is the total 18 files ? At DSD they could be quite big

Have you tried merging 3 lots of 6 then merge the subsets ?

I remember once merging a 100 or so std CD’s ie 30 gb it took time but did it

I am Windows 10, i7 16gb FWIW

Hey, @Alan_Watkins

Thanks for the report. Could you, please, provide answers to the following questions:

• What happens when you try to perform the same action with other albums so we can understand the problem better?
  • Could you, please, reproduce this problem once again, record a video that illustrates your steps, and share both video and Roon logs with us. An article on how to find Roon logs on your affected device:
  • What happens when you try to perform the same action with other albums so we can understand the problem better?

Just prior to this, I had done exactly the same thing with similar but different format (i.e. FLAC) files of the exact same box set.

• Could you, please, reproduce this problem once again, record a video that illustrates your steps, and share both video and Roon logs with us. An article on how to find Roon logs on your affected device:

Here is a Google Drive link to a movie of attempting to merge two of the files. Note that the video ends because the application crashed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n24tsXwXJLgBTLQJ8-cMl2HxG-Uits06/view?usp=sharing

Here is a Google Drive link to my roon logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DT0pKwSB9h43DNiPZDYohhS-Up6Z3oDX/view?usp=sharing

Hey, @Alan_Watkins

Thanks for your reply. We checked your logs and saw a UI crash on the merging screen, which led us to the following theories:

1. There is a problem with certain characters in the file path.
  2. That there is a problem with the way how we handle long paths on that screen
    Could you please give us the full path to the folders? This will give us the opportunity to understand if the problem is related to the file path and the way it’s displayed on the screen

There are 18 folders (CDs) in the set of CDs I chose from and I don’t know which two I chose. Here is the path not including a file name:

“M:\CDs\Knud Vad\J.S. Bach The Organ Works\DSD stereo\Knud Vad - J. S. Bach Organ Works Sonata BWV 530 Preludes and Fugues [stereo]”

“M:” is a mapped drive on a NAS drive and it’s full UNC path is “192.168.1.160\music”.
Here is a screenshot of File Explorer showing the 18 files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_uOcId9Aa4bdS_LO4D6gNAEuZJnryujo/view?usp=sharing
Here is a screenshot show a typical set of files from one of the CDs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzpZsndMsOw6wbZsldWyS-x7FQIE8_07/view?usp=sharing

Here are full UNC paths for one of the files:

[\diskstation\music\CDs\Knud Vad\J.S. Bach The Organ Works\DSD stereo\Knud Vad - J. S. Bach Organ Works Sonata BWV 530 Preludes and Fugues [stereo]\01 - I. Vivace (SONATA NO. 6 IN G MAJOR, BWV 530).dsf]

(file://diskstation/music/CDs/Knud%20Vad/J.S.%20Bach%20The%20Organ%20Works/DSD%20stereo/Knud%20Vad%20-%20J.%20S.%20Bach%20Organ%20Works%20Sonata%20BWV%20530%20Preludes%20and%20Fugues%20%5bstereo%5d/01%20-%20I.%20Vivace%20(SONATA%20NO.%206%20IN%20G%20MAJOR,%20BWV%20530).dsf)

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Alan

Hi @Alan_Watkins
Thanks for your response, we find the problem and send it to our development department.

Would you clarify please? You did find the problem, you will find the problem, or what?

Hey @Alan_Watkins,

Based on the information you’ve shared, David has created a ticket for our QA team. They’ll investigate the issue and we’ll get back to you as soon as we hear back :nerd_face:

Please, stay tuned.

Any progress on this issue?

Hey @Alan_Watkins,

I know it’s been a while since you first reported this. I am so sorry that at the moment I have no updates to share.

I’ll check in with our teams again and let you know as soon as I hear back :relaxed:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.