Generic PC, I9-9900K, 32GB, Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NA

Connected Audio Devices

NA

Number of Tracks in Library

200K tracks

Description of Issue

This is the fourth of many bug reports I can offer. I am a lifetime subscriber with a large library of mostly commercial recordings loaded into iTunes. I am in the process of cleaning up the import: identifying unidentified albums, sewing together broken up albums and box sets, etc. It’s a huge job, but it’s made needlessly difficult by bugs in Roon that I would like to request you fix.

Roon lets me identify an album even if it is missing one or more tracks. (This is a good feature, but there needs to be a way for users to see that the album is missing something, either visually mark it, let people filter by this, etc.) The problem here is that merging that missing track with the identified album causes the album to lose its identification, even though now it is complete and an even better match than before. The workaround is to identify it again, but this shouldn’t be necessary.

Please let me know if you need more information to reproduce this.

Thank you.

• Ken

Hi @Ken_Schwarz,

What you’re describing here is planned behavior for Roon. When identifying albums Roon will encourage you to check that everything is correct before saving. If additional tracks are added later, after you’ve indicated that everything is correct, Roon will remove the identified tag - logically thinking that the title is now different than the one you first indicated. Tracks have been added, it can’t be the same.

You’ll want to ensure that you are finished merging tracks and that everything is correct before saving. You can find more information of identifying albums in this article from our help center.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.