Meridian 218 Volume Control

Hi,

I am using a Meridian 218 and I’m unable to control the (coaxial) digital output level via Roon. Haven’t tested the analogue outputs yet. I assume they would be variable by Roon?

Secondly, the 218 is disconnecting from the 218 after a short time. A restart of Roon cures this for a while.

I’m using the 218 with a Devialet D Premier.

Also, would a Meridian 210 behave the same way (given that it is Roon Ready not tested)?

Thank you.

Thank you

With something as good as the Premier, using an all-digital volume control is going to degrade its sound quality at anything other than full volume. You really want to be sending it a full-scale digital signal from the 218 and using the Premier’s own volume control.

IIRC though, volume control has no effect on the digital outputs of any Meridian device.

Thanks Joel. I was previously using Air but no end of crackles and drop outs.

Need to get on top of music only being played before a short time and requiring a restart of Roon to fix

I’ve turned this into a @support thread for your drop-out issue.

Hi @tom_edge,

Did this behavior only occur on certain types of content (MQA/96+kHz)? How is your Core and the premier connected to your network? What is the model/manufacturer of your networking gear?

It happens more on anything above 44.1but happens all the time regardless of resolution.

I use a hard wired Ubiquiti managed switch and hard wired 2 Ubiquiti AP-AC In Wall Pro access points.

One AP is 10cm from D Premier.

Core is an Apple MacBook Pro late 2013, 2.3GHz, i7, 16gb again hard wired.

Hi @tom_edge,

Can you please reproduce the dropout issue and note the exact local time + date + track it occurs on? I would like to enable diagnostics mode for your account after getting this info to see if there are further clues in logs regarding this behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.