Meridian MC200 Intermittent discovery by Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell Desktop running Windows 10-10.0.18362/Roon Build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Meridian MC200 connected to router via ethernet (wired) Netgear Gigabit ProSAFE Plus Switch. Dell desktop is the Roon core and also connected to router via ethernet (wired) Netgear Gigabit ProSAFE Plus Switch.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian connected digitally (RCA) to Meridian Surround Preamp and by analogue (RCA) to Roksan Pre-amp

Description Of Issue

Up until roughly a week and a half ago, around the same time I changed my anti-virus(AV), I had only minor track freezing issues when streaming from Tidal and occasional issues with MC200 discovery by Roon.
I have made Roon and Meridian programs allowable in the AV, I have uninstalled/reinstalled both Roon and Meridian software, switched off/on all devices and rebooted the router.
Currently the MC200 is discovered by Roon (Settings/Audio) but the allocated Zone(Zone1) is not one of the Roon System Output options.
MC200 is also discovered in browser and on iPhone/iPad

Hello @Mervyn_Thomas,

Welcome to the forum.

What is your router model/manufacturer? Sometimes specific brands of routers need special settings applied to work properly with Roon.

Which Antivirus are you now using? If you temporarily disable it, does everything in Roon work well?

I am not certain what you mean by “allocated Zone”, can you please clarify this? Perhaps with a screenshot?

Hi
Thanks for responding.
As previously stated the problem is intermittent and currently Roon has discovered the MC200 and “allocated Zone” is available.
Screenshot as requested:

Regards

“Allocated Zone”, i.e. Zone 1

Hi @Mervyn_Thomas,

Thanks for confirming that the issue is not currently ongoing.

If the behavior re-occurs can you please send a new screenshot of what the zones look like?

Also, please note the exact local time + date of the next issue occurrence, this will be useful in case we need to go down the diagnostics route.

Hi
It would appear that the AV was the issue after all. Its “out of the box” download had a myriad of firewalls set as default. It has taken quite a bit of time to eliminate the issue.
Many thanks for the timely response and offer of help.

Regards

1 Like

Glad to hear you sorted the issue out @Mervyn_Thomas!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.