Metadata Improver is frozen

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Version 1.7
QNAP ts-677
Brysten streamer
Tidal
Qobuz

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERe

TEXT GOES HERE

Metadater Improver is frozen (still spinning after 3 days) It says I need to upgrade software but there is no software upgrade available

TEXT GOES HERE

I had this too in the past few days. In my case it cleared itself without my understanding how or why. I do wonder if something went awry on the Roon end that caused a “failure to communicate “ but just speculation there.

I did try restarting the Roon server and the Mac mini it runs on several times without immediate effect. Eventually though it just went back to normal. There is at least one other thread where this is discussed if you can find it.

Good luck!

Sometime clearing the Cache can help.

1. Shutdown your Roon Core
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  4. Rename /Cache to /Cache_old
  5. Try restarting Roon
1 Like

Hello @Steve_Child, looks like the community gave some good recommendation here. Let me know if the issue persists!

I have rebooted the QNAP twice. I can no longer connect to my core.

Hello @Steve_Child, thanks for trying that. So we can better understand what might make your setup different, could you please describe your network infrastructure for me? What router are you using, any switches, etc? Knowing what might block the connection to our servers would be a great help here.

Lastly, have you tried disabling your firewall and antivirus to see if that makes a difference?

The Issue seemed to have resolved its self. Thanks

Hey @Steve_Child, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.