Metadata Improver Is Paused

Intel NUC Kit NUC8i3BEG w/128GB SSD. Running ROCK; OS Version 1.8; Build 831.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ROCK and Melco N1A Music Server are co-located and attach to ethernet via unmanaged Cisco switch. Magna Audio Mano streamer connected via ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

Magna Audio Mano streamer feeding Denafrips Terminator DAC via I2S over HDMI connection.

Number of Tracks in Library

7,106 Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I noticed that the circle indicating the core is doing work was turning round. Clicked on it and found that tracks I had recently added to my library from Qobuz appeared to be stuck in loading and the Metadata Improver Paused message came up.

I followed the advice given in the help article. The advice to improve the DNS is the only one that applied. I did that but I still have the problem.

Hi Robert,

First thing to try is to restart Roon Server on your ROCK core.

Hi Greg – Thanks I tried that and still no go.

Well I fixed it (sort of) by going into Set Up/Library/Import Settings. There I unchecked “Prefer Roon” and checked “Prefer File” as the source for all metadata. The 90 or so files I had backed up loaded immediately and shortly thereafter all the data evidently got loaded and the revolving circle stopped. I did a quick check thru my library and just looking at album art it seems I had more than I did before. So hopefully eliminating Roon data will not be too big of a handicap.

1 Like

Roon gives a lot of freedom as to what should be improved. Those who already have everything perfectly in the file will be happy with this setting.

Those looking for more images, recessions, biographies and supplementary / identifying metadata will find what they are looking for in Roon, if the connection is not paused.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.