Metadata Improver needs update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus+, Roon v. 7, build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Nucleus+ is hard-wired (via Ethernet connection) to my Arris Surfboard Max Pro router. Nucleus+ is accessed via WiFi by laptop computer (Asus ROG), iPad and iPhone.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Nucleus+ has USB connection to Moon DAC 280D. DAC is connected to Classe pre–amp.

Description Of Issue
The import icon (3rd icon from right in upper right corner of screen) rotates and never stops. When I click on it, I get the error message

“Metadata improver halted. Roon needs a software update.”

When I go to Settings–>About, I see I have v. 7, build 610 on my Nucleus+; the screen states this is the current version and no update is available.

Imports from Tidal and Qobuz take a very long time. Once imported, they do not have artwork or tags.
Other Roon features seem to be working properly.

I have rebooted the router and the Nucleus+ a good number of times.

I see others have reported this problem previously, but either I don’t understand replies or the posts are closed.

Hello @Michael_Cohen, and thanks for your report! Could you please reboot your RoonServer via the WebUI and let me know if the message returns? Thanks!

Sorry–I must admit ignorance (despite searches through earlier posts and Google); how do I reboot the RoonServer via WebUI?
I’ve rebooted previously by turning the Nucleus+ off and unplugging it for a few minutes.
Thanks for your help; I await your reply.

(Also, I recently changed routers from a Netgear Nighthawk to the Arris Surfboard Max Pro; the problem may or may not have started around that time, if that helps with diagnostics.)

Thanks.

A little more reading and I figured out how to restart the Roon through its IP address. Is this the same as a reboot?
In any case, the circle icon discontinued its rotation; everything seems to be working well.
Many thanks for your help.
Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.