Metadata improver:paused when editing album settings

Content you’re reporting an issue with

### Have you made any edits to this content in Roon? Yes

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes, but with wrong tittle and cover.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local album/files

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Please help

No, it is not. It looks like a “mix tape” made by yourself, which of course will not be identified.

In your first screenshot, you can see the term “Unidentified” a bit below the Billie Eilish-picture.

If you are determined to do this, i highly recommend you edit the metadata for this “album” in a separate tag editor and then add it to Roon.

Roon is not the ultimate library for those that are meticulous about heir metadata, it’s the ultimate for the rest of us that are happy with “good enough” metadata which is then augmented by Roon automatically.

Regarding the metadata improver message, just reboot your Roon Server first, it’ll likely go away.

Her is the album. It is not a mix made by me.

I have a cover on this folder album and can add/change the name of the unidentified album ( you are right about that) and add the cover but then the issue as described above will come.
I have no comment on the rest of your answer.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

1 Like

And by the way I will appreciate if you would let me know how to edit the metadata for this “album” in a separate tag editor and then add it to Roon.

Thank You very much in advance.

Hmm, it sort of is a “mix tape” since it is not an album per se, it’s based on a Qobuz playlist.

So, my recommendation to edit this “album” separately from Roon still stands.

There are various tools for metadata editing like dBPowerAmp, JRiver Media Center etc. I prefer a tool called EZ CD Audio Converter from Poikosoft, which is for Windows computers.

Which tool you use doesn’t matter, but to address your questions there are a few things to consider:

1. Make sure the filenames have track numbers that match the metadata for every track no’s.
  2. The “album” title MUST be consistent for all tracks.
  3. I would avoid individual embedded cover art (if you insist on embedded art, make sure its the same image for all tracks), and put a folder.jpg/cover.jpg with a good resolution in the “album” folder. Good ~ >1024px square

I personally dislike playlists and albums with various formats, it makes the DAC have a slight hizzy fit on each track change, but thats me… :blush:

Thank you again for your kind reply.
I would be happy to change the cover and the title of let’s call it music map.
And I can easily do that in Roon. The problem is that my Roon server running in nucleus get very unstable and I have struggled with several restore from backup to get it up and running again. And then the issue above. I am running on a Mac so I guess I will have to figure what kind of software I can use to do the album’s metadata editing which you have suggested.

You can do basic metadata editing in the free XLD-app, will do fine in this situation. And you could also resample to a common sample rate, should you wish!
dB PowerAmp and JRiver are both available for Mac also, but there are many options.

Stability issues doesn’t sound anything like Roon to me, i suggest you create a separate support request on that subject, in the forum section Nucleus Support

Her is what is like my music folder on a file browser.

It was possible for me to manually change the title and the cover in Roon metadata within Roon, but then strange enough I had problems.

i will follow your suggestions about editing metadata. I know db power amp from windows.

thank you.

1 Like

These are playlists, not albums. You are going about this the wrong way, causing yourself a lot of difficulty with Roon.

AJ

2 Likes

thank you for your answer. I have those Flac tracks on my local library together as a so-called album/music map. The tracks are shown correctly in the Roon “Album/map” but with wrong cover/artwork and tittle. I will be happy if I can make Roon show this music map with the right tittle and cover. That’s it.
I can edit metadata manual in Roon but is this the right/only/easiest way to do it. For some reasons after I do that things go wrong.

How do you suggest I handle this?

Thank You very much in advance.

I’m very confused by your screenshots. You seem to be talking about one particular album, yet your screenshots and track lists seem to be sourced from several different albums.

That screenshot of Roon’s folder view of the Pop Essentials folder has a completely different track listing from the screenshot of the “Songs from the Big Chair” album shown in your first screenshot and yet another set of tracks is shown in the file browser screenshot (and the folder name is also “Classic Rock Essentials”, not “Pop Essentials”).

The track listing itself in that first screenshot shows multiple tracks having the same track number. That’s a sign that the metadata in the tracks is very wrong. You really need to think about using a third-party metadata editor on your Mac instead of expecting Roon to sort it out for you.

To further add to my confusion, “Songs from the Big Chair” is the title of a Tears for Fears album from 1985, not a Compilation album from 2014…

1 Like