Metadata Improver: Roon needs software update

Hi Roon users! I have a message from the Roon software which I work like to understand. It is trying to add music to the Library. But there is also a (!) message that “Metadata Improver: Halted Roon needs a software update. I have recently updated and I do not think there is an update needed. Who has been tackling this issue before…? Philip

Hello @Philip_Feenstra, and thanks for your report! We’ve seen this before and for most users, a reboot resolves the issue. Could you give that a try and let me know if the message persists? Thanks!

It has been a while ago since I came up with this problem. I tried to reboot the system with no change. It seems the same problem that Phill_Wright has. My screen shot shows the same issue…

Hello @Philip_Feenstra, we’ve seen this issue in the past linked to potential network related issues when trying to communicate with our server. Usually the reboot resolves it, but not always. Could you please elaborate on your setup for me? Thanks!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.