Metadata Improver update needed but how to unclear

I am getting an error message that says I need to update the Metadata Improver software in order to match my music to the Roon database. I have just downloaded an album from Tidal and the music has been added to the Library but 0 tracks have been identified - in the top right of the screen is the rotating symbol showing that it is trying to match, without success. However when I go to Settings (following the instructions in the User Guide to update software), there is no “About” in the top righthand corner.

I am running the Roon app on my Windows 10 system as well as iPad & iPhone iOS 13.4.1.

Both the Nucleus is running Roon v 1.7 (build 537) stable.
The Windows laptop is running Roon 1.7 (build 537) stable 64 bit.
The iPhone and iPad are running Roon 1.7 (build 536) stable.

Any suggestions on how to get the Metadata Improver so that the tracks can be properly identified.

Hi @Ian_Boulton,

Is there any change after a reboot of the Core machine? You can reboot the Nucleus via the Nucleus Web Administration Interface.

Thanks!

Simply switching the Nucleus off-and-on sorted out the problem with the metadata improver but I still don’t see the link to Keyboard Shortcuts or About in the top right of the screen that you show in the screen shot in the User Guide.

Hello @Ian_Boulton,

Glad to see the metadata issue cleared up! As for the keyboard shortcuts and the about section, in more recent versions those options are located on the left side of the screen in their own category!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.