Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-08]

5 Likes

Going for a bit more with this EP

2 Likes

Giving this a listen. Those that like Avantasia and the like may enjoy it. (I typically do not, so this is a bit of an oddball for me.)

2 Likes

That’s two albums already this morning you have caused me to add to my library :rofl:

1 Like

Well I certainly hope you enjoy them!

1 Like

Already enjoying Avatarium thanks, my chilled out Sunday morning listening is officially over.

I wasn’t expecting female vocals after the kick ass start of the opening track

1 Like

@Henri thanks for sharing this over in the general listening thread, it is excellent.

Cross posting here as well, in case anyone missed it there.

2 Likes

It has turned into a bit of a black/Doom metal afternoon. Enjoying this as well, another excellent STS album

3 Likes

Some classic power metal with great vocals IMHO…

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Great to hear you enjoy it. I bought their complete discography on bandcamp last year. Great band.

2 Likes

Haven’t spun this for a while - still an outstanding album.

5 Likes

Some nice fairly technical power/ prog metal here….

6 Likes

Celebrating the 2nd anniversary of Tool finally getting their music onto streaming services! Even though I had everything at that point on CD and in most cases vinyl anyway.

3 Likes

Check out their second album, ‘The Towers of Avarice’ it’s much better. It’s a prog metal classic. Zero Hour is one of my favorite bands. I got to know them well.

The Tipton twins, Jasun and Troy, are very cool. Jasun has got a bunch of other projects and there is a new Zero Hour album upcoming.

See all of Jasun’s activities and projects here:

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Jasun_Tipton/28863

All of them are highly recommended.

3 Likes

Oops done it again, put it in the wrong thread!!

2 Likes

I thought so but it was still a good album even if not " metal" :wink:

1 Like

Outstanding Kamelot album, one of my favorites of theirs.

4 Likes

I snapped that one up on vinyl on the last rsd at my lrs.
No,it was not a rsd release but I saw it for the first time that day and had to have it!
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Last one of the night…

4 Likes

5 Likes