Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-08]

Does Priest still count as metal nowadays?

4 Likes

I would say Judas Priest counts as metal, he was just an early innovator!

1 Like

2 Likes

Killer album!! Absolutely fantastic. Especially the title track.
I also love the production. Romeo’s guitar has a bite!

2 Likes

It has been doom/death/sludge metal day today, among others a new album from King Woman, Celestial Blues and Hanging Garden’s first album Inherit the Eden. Now little slower doom with growls and some clean vocals.

2 Likes

Carcass released their previous album in 2013 but now new one is coming on September 17th. Sounds promising🤘

2 Likes

Some more old skool cool metal…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Finish off my night with this excellent band, most of their albums are worth a listen IMHO.

4 Likes

2 Likes

A friend recommend this one and I have to admit I like this album more than I expected. The songs have an slow epic approach with some nice melodies and great vocals.

4 Likes

Its a very good album and a regular listen for me.
Good shout :+1:

1 Like

Yes, same for me, this was good surprise when it was released!

1 Like

Not listened to that one but do have three other Draconian albums in my library.
They changed vocalist in about 2012 and while similar I like the early vocals a little more.

But have added this one and will give it a spin tonight, :+1:

1 Like

Another tape that I managed to get an old CD copy of this week and pretty happy with the upgrade and the SQ

7 Likes

Maybe I need to do same thing and get some Iron Maiden albums on cd because streaming services only offer remastered ones… I rarely listen Maiden but it would be nice to have originals :thinking:

1 Like

Yes I have been going through my old collection of vinyl and CDs and I have not always been happy with the remastered versions so been going back to some old school versions.

I have been lucky so far and add a few every month

In other good news it’s Bandcamp Friday so I got a sneaky 8 mostly metal albums.

2 Likes

Exactly same for me, many times I prefer old original ripped cd over remastered one, maybe it is that old cds are so familiar and remastered just do not sound same (even if they are technically better).

Same here, bandcamp day today but I try to keep it to one or two albums today :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think you might have something there, so for somebody that has not listened to the album then the remastered is probably the way to but if you have many years listening to something, then you like that familiar sound. I have nothing against remastered album’s but I like to have them as well as the originals. Never thought about that before.

I only went to Bandcamp for the new Netherbird album (as really enjoyed it) but got a few Doomed and Stoned compilations and the new Whedian trip to France compilation as well as the first Wheel album and the previous Thy Catafalque album as been listening to that quite a lot, so all together a good haul :+1:

1 Like

Too bad there is two bands named Wheel, at least for me Roon shows Preserved In Time album under finnish Wheel…

Btw, because you like doom check that Mourning Beloveth I posted yesterday. And as always feel free to say you hated it :joy:

1 Like