Metal music discussion ๐Ÿค˜ [2021-08]

I added it to my library yesterday and will listen over the weekend, visitors tonight so nothing heavier than Iron Maiden :joy:

Yes Roon definitely messes up Wheel and confused me to start.

1 Like

This is excellent imho, Jorn Lande on vocals ( he gets everywhere!).
Sort of metal opera, part shock rock metal.
I like it!

1 Like

Such a good band, and such a good album.

2 Likes

9 Likes

1 Like

So I listened to Mourning Beloveth in the early hours of this morning
The music was excellent and I listened to it all, but the vocals were still a little bit on the harsh side for me to really actually enjoy the whole thing .

I will give it another listen and try to work out what it is, not sure if it is slowed down to much or something else.
There is almost a great album there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes it is slower and heavier than many doom that has been posted here! Not the easiest album but they some unique things that makes it interesting.

1 Like

I think you are right again with that.
I will give it another couple of listens, to see if it becomes less harsh as I learn it. The very slowly drawn out singing is not easy to enjoy, as opposed to the music which is very good.

In the meantime giving this a first listen and from the opening notes and singing itโ€™s undeniably a Wheel album and I know I enjoy these very much and this completed my collection.

4 Likes

I think these two make perfect back to back listening

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted before, not classic Kaipa but the reinvented version of the 2000,s.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Carrying on the day where I left off Last night

3 Likes

Anyone here from Nashville?

1 Like

2 Likes

Sitting out in the conservatory and enjoying this while the bunnies munch on their dinner. I think they are enjoying it as well as they tend to stamp pretty hard when I play music they donโ€™t like.

5 Likes

As mentioned here many times, excellent album and with Damnation (recorded at the same time) they form a very good combination. Those were my first Opeth albums and still listem them frequently!

4 Likes

Yes they were my first Opeth CDโ€™s as well and make a good set even though quite different. Added quite a few more since but still enjoy the originals

1 Like

After the back to back Opeth albumโ€™s giving this a listen as the last album before sleep.

5 Likes

Just found this on Tidal as a Roon recommendation while playing some other Doom.
A nice surprise and it has started well.
If you like your Doom varied then Swallow the Sun should hit the mark as they really like to mix it up.

3 Likes