Metal music discussion šŸ¤˜ [2021-08]

They do alternate between gruff and clean on some songs.
Overall I like them and added more of their albums to my library.
Good job I joined Tidal again as only showing up under Tidal.

On this album, The Fifth Day Of March is my top trackā€¦

2 Likes

Very good that you tried them, excellent band, I have liked them since I heard Pale Haunt Departure album. I had couple ripped and actually lost one or two of their cds but caps were filled from Bandcamp. Couple are still missing but maybe not for long!

1 Like

Yea, ā€˜The Pale Haunt Departureā€™ and ā€˜The Novella Reservoirā€™ are my favourite albums. I was lucky enough to book them for the Dynamo club, so they could be support act for Forbidden.

2 Likes

Yes, same two for me! I remember that you booked them, did you meet them before/after concert?

Great recommendation by @Henri:

Vallenfyre - Fear Those Who Fear Him

KILL ALL YOUR MASTERS!

Itā€™s always great when unclean vocals are discernable. Itā€™s difficult to get the balance right but this guy does it very well.

3 Likes

Yea, I did, before the gig. But they were very distant towards me. Which was fine for me.
I met a lot of bands I liked.

1 Like

Love that band!

Some technical from down under
RoonShareImage-637732062552009137

4 Likes

My kind of metalā€¦:innocent:

4 Likes

Great choice :wink:

1 Like

I just got around to ripping my CD of this album. Is there a way to edit the album description? I canā€™t seem to figure it out. Obviously, itā€™s a decade off. Great album though :metal:

6 Likes

You can edit it from a PC or a larger tablet.
But not the actual reviews.
Not from a phone though as not enough screen real estate to edit albums

That Overkill album is absolutely killer. That brings back memories.

No, we canā€™t edit or paste our own reviews.

2 Likes

Ah bummer. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the error was a one off. Iā€™ll be running down through the collection :metal:

1 Like

Btw, what do you mean with ā€˜the release date is a decade off?

The album was released on April 15 1985.

Youā€™re not confusing the Motorhead album with this one, are you?

This is the NY thrash metal band with Bobby ā€œBlitzā€ Ellsworth on vocals.

1 Like

Nah, in the guys review, he says 1995 lol

2 Likes

Really? Most ā€˜reviewersā€™ donā€™t have a clue what they are talking about when it comes to metal. Believe me, I know. I have been reviewing for ten years.

3 Likes

Yeah its in my screenshot right after he mentions Rotton To The Core. On to Overkills 2nd album, ā€˜Taking Overā€™. It has a puny review but at least itā€™s accurate!

He didnā€™t notice the Dead Boys cover ā€˜Sonic Reducerā€™.

1 Like

Elder & Kadavar teamed up and will release an album together. Two preview tracks are available at Bandcamp. Album release is scheduled for december 3rd.