Metal music discussion đŸ€˜ [2021-08]

43 minutes of pure enjoyment, if you’re into progressive metal!
RoonShareImage-637732828607731859

5 Likes

Yep, one of the best bands in the genre. Very popular with the prog-power crowd, on both continents.

1 Like

Posted by @ds_2 last week in a different thread.
Very nice :grin:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Glad you like it. There is also part 1, it is little different and maybe not as good as that one but almost a must buy to get similiar looking album covers to collection :grinning:

1 Like

I think I popped in my wishlist last week.
It has grown quite large again now., But these days only half the size of my Bandcamp music Library :rofl:

1 Like

Strong recommend if you haven’t heard this yet! Great progressive metal, guaranteed to give your system a workout :wink:

4 Likes

One of my all time favourites! Melo Death from Denmark.
RoonShareImage-637735542228788256

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637736032050396901

4 Likes

A band that I want to share with you.
“The Halo Effect”.
Consists exclusively of former “In Flames” members.
Until today there is unfortunately only one single. In any case, it sounds promising.

RoonShareImage-637736055484262833

RoonShareImage-637736061686609058

7 Likes

Looks like album is coming next year. Very much a classic (Gothenburg) melodeath sounding single. Will certainly please those who like something like Dark Tranquillity, early In Flames etc.

1 Like

I don’t know any release date of the possible upcoming album yet. But I am also very sure that something will come.

I’m more a fan of the older “In Flames” stuff, but from time to time I discover songs from the newer albums that I like very much. Maybe I’m not ready for the new era yet?

In any case, I think that “The Halo Effect” sounds more like the newer “In Flames”, but it also builds a certain bridge to the older releases.

Let’s wait and see what will come.

1 Like

Good to know because I have not listened newer In Flames, so need to check if that is closer to The Halo Effect.

I think it started when “Jesper Strömblad” was no longer in the band. I don’t know how strong his influence on “In Flames” was, but I think his departure made a difference.

I have to say that “Colony” and “Whoracle” are my favorite albums overall. The “Clayman” was then almost too borderline for me. It took me a while to get comfortable with this album.
And that I even found an access to the stuff after that took some time.

But sometimes you just have to detach yourself from certain things and dedicate yourself to newer things.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637736112396870641

4 Likes

Really like this track, so will look forward to one of you posting the album when it is out.

1 Like

This I will do if I do not miss it.

For example, I had to be reminded of the new “In Mourning” album by a good friend.

So don’t count on me :wink:.

1 Like

There are not many kids on this forum :wink:
Most of us are of a certain age where forgetfulness is to be expected :rofl:

1 Like

I think you understood me. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe one of the best heavy classical/opera metal albums. They released their previous album in 2012 so plenty time since that
 This is heavier than for example Avantasia and have influences from something like King Diamond but also have slower parts.

I shared this already in listening thread yesterday but I think some here could also enjoy this.

4 Likes