Migrated music files not recognized

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK, NUC6i5SYH, Build 778

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Connection to Eero Pro Network

Description Of Issue

I replaced my internal storage drive with a 4 tb ssd, and some of my files are not recognized. My library had been stored on an internal 2 tb hd and an external 750 gb usb drive. I replaced the internal drive, stopped Roon server, and then copied over the contents of the 2 tb internal drive, which were recognized with no issues. I stopped Roon server again and copied over the contents of the 750 gb external drive. Roon sees these as newly added files, and I haven’t been able to link them them to the corresponding records in my database.

I’ve forced a rescan of internal storage and tried disabling and re-enabling the external storage folder, which is no longer in use. Should I restore from a backup? Any other suggestions?

@support – just a quick update to say that restoring a backup had no effect. For some reason Roon doesn’t recognize these files as the same ones that were part of my library before moving to the new drive.

@support – I removed all the unrecognized files, restored from a backup again, disabled the external storage location, and tried copying from the external drive and from another source. Files on the external drive are correctly recognized, but the same files appear as newly imported when copied to the new internal ssd. I’d be grateful for any suggestions.

Have you read the Faqs on how to migrate you files. Here is one

Yes, thanks. Initially, I had removed but not disabled the external drive before restarting Roon server, but I have since gone through the process with a fresh restore twice, making sure to follow the recommended steps exactly.

@support – I was able to get everything resolved with help from @Rugby. Please go ahead and close this out. Thanks!