Migrating database from MacOS to Zen Mini

Hey there @noris, @support

I am having the same issue that Hugo had. Trying to setup my brand new Zen Mini, by moving my Core from my macbook pro. I have the backups on my external hard drive, which my zen mini seems to see while looking for importing music, but Roon backup restore shows no folders or structure when I hit “restore a backup.” My drive is formatted as Mac OS Extended, and the reality is that I can’t reformat this drive, it has too much stuff on it to do that, and I don’t have any other drives large enough to play around with reformatting and re-backing up. Is there something else i can do here?

Thank you!

Hey @Dan_Carey,

Can you please share a few screenshots of what you see when you attempt to locate your Roon backup?

I would temporarily disable any additional watched storage locations while we get the backup in place.

You don’t have by any chance a thumb drive which you can try using to perform the migration?

Hey noris, I want to thank you for attempting to help me on this. I contacted Innuos, and went with a network share method, which has seemed to work for me. The whole transfer was not nearly as easy as I expected, but I think I am up and running. Going to give it a few more days, but so far so good. Thanks for the help.

Hi @Dan_Carey,

Glad to hear you were able to ask Innuous for help in this matter.
If you have any further issues, do let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.