Migrating itunes library to nucleus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
nucleus operating system 1.0 build 174

TEXT GOES HERE
Nucleus server
TEXT GOES HERE

I had Roon set up on my mac and have just bought a Nucleus. I’m trying to import my music folder to the nucleus but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do this. I think there’s a problem with my former setup with my mac as the core. I’m now using the Nucleus as my core and want to move my music library there. Can you give me some help with this?

Thanksl.
TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Josh_Patrick,

Can you clarify the above for me? Are you wanting to move the iTunes library files to the Nucleus itself? Or are you looking to have the Nucleus connect to these files over the network?

If you’re looking to copy the files directly to the Nucleus, check out this guide. You’ll want to connect to the internal storage via Finder and then copy the files over.

If you’re looking to connect to the files over the network, we have a guide for that here.

If you have any questions about this please let me know.

I want to move the library to the Nucleus itself. I also would like to have it automatically update when my mac is open. The music file is on my MacBook Pro which is not always available on the network.

1 Like

Hi @Josh_Patrick,

In that case, this guide should help walk you through it. If you have any questions about what’s in the guide please let me know!

Will this automatically update or do I have to use a shared drive for this to happen?

Thanks.

Hi @Josh_Patrick,

If you’re moving files directly to the Nucleus, this will not automatically occur for future additions. These will need to be manually added to the Nucleus. One option for automating this is to use a 3rd party application that can sync the drive on the MacBook Pro with the drive on the Nucleus.

What kind of third party application would I use to accomplish this?

Hi @Josh_Patrick,

We typically don’t recommend specific software, but we know that other customers have found solutions for this. I recommend reaching out to other Community members in the #roon category of the site for further suggestions.

Thanks!
Dylan

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.