Migrating Roon database from QNAP NAS to Mac Mini

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

QNAP currently running Roon Server, Mac Mini
Description Of Issue

I have followed the instructions. I have made a backup (it says you can do it locally but I don’t see that option so the backup is on the NAS.) I have installed Roon Server on the Mini (and it is running.) Now I launch Roon on the mini and attempt to restore the backup but I can’t navigate to the NAS drive in the window. Do I “add a network share?” If so, what address do I use? smb://QNAP451/Multimedia gets errors. Are there newer “newbie” instructions somewhere I’m missing? Thanks!

I also use a Mac mini but my NAS is not a QNAP so I am not sure the syntax is the same. In my case, the full address looks like this:

\\[NAS IP address]\[drive name]\[folder name]

Hi @Bryan_McElhaney,

You’ll want to use the instructions outlined here. The path for the NAS looks okay, but you’ll want to make sure you enter the username and password too. This would be the username and password to log in to the NAS.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.