MiniDSP SHD Power not streaming in Roon - 'uncertified' status (ref#J33CCI)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

· My device has 'Uncertified' status

Describe the issue

Hi,

I have multiple MiniDSP SHD devices on my network. Recently, the SHD Power stopped streaming and is listed as 'uncertified' in Roon. My MiniDSP SHD Studio and Dutch and Dutch 8Cs continue to work fine in Roon. I took the networking node (a Netgear mesh router) that the SHD Studio is working off of and also connected the SHD Power to it and unfortunately, it didn't list as certified or stream. I don't think this is a networking issue.

I have cleaned out the current Roon install on iMac and have reinstalled Roon Server. I am using the latest Roon build and have also upgraded the SHD Power to all current MiniDSP firmware and have installed the latest version of Volumio. I haven't been able to access the SD card to re-install the binaries.

I am working with MiniDSP's tech team to diagnose and fix. They mentioned that it might make sense for me to send you the Roon Core logs which I have attached.

I'd be beyond appreciative if you could take a look and perhaps point out any issues that could be causing this odd issue to happen.

Thank you!

Joel

It appears this forum will not let me upload the zipped log file. Please advise on next steps. Thank you.

Very helpful - TY! I was able to upload my logs via the link.

1 Like

Hi @jkarp88703,

Thank you for the report and for your patience awaiting a staff response.

We’ve escalated to our Partners team so we can contact miniDSP through our direct channels if necessary. We’d like to confirm the timing of several factors mentioned in your post:

1. Did you update miniDSP firmware immediately prior to noticing this issue?
  2. Did you update Roon immediately prior to noticing this issue? If so, which did you update first?

Lastly, we’d like to confirm several elements of your network setup.

Do you have both WiFi and ethernet connected on this iMac? Is it connected directly to a node or the central router? Is the SHD studio hardwired to a router or a node?

The more detail with which you can equip our team, the better. We’ll follow up as soon as possible.

Many thanks for the reply - much appreciated.

To answer Questions 1 and 2, I updated miniDSP firmware first. I didn’t notice the issue until a bit after the update. It worked fine for a little while. It wasn’t until it stopped streaming that I started to investigate and troubleshoot. The MiniDSP team advised me to update to the brand new Volumio 3.x but that didn’t work. At that point I made sure that Roon was up-to-date which it was. Several Roon updates have been performed since but none of them have fixed the issue.

The iMac which has Roon core is connected only via LAN (wifi is turned off) to the main Netgear nighthawk mesh router. There are 2 other nighthawk wireless nodes throughout the house. My D&D 8Cs and MiniDSP SHD Studio both connect to Roon fine with this configuration. The SHD Studio connects via LAN to a nighthawk node or wirelessly. I’ve tested that both configurations work fine. The SHD Power typically connects wirelessly but I did connect it to the same node the SHD Studio is connected to via LAN, but Roon still saw it as ‘uncertified’.

Hope this info helps. Thanks for the continued support.