Misidentification of formats on Beck's Guerro, Talking Head 77

I have a DVD-A and CD version of Beck’s Guerro. I extracted the DVD-A tracks (#1-13) as 48kHz/24 bit files (using DVD Audio Extractor). I extracted the bonus CD tracks (#14-20) using dBpoweramp w/out DSP effects and ended up with 44kHz/16 bit files. (All tracks in FLAC, uncompressed.)

Roon shows the album as mixed format, which make sense. However when focusing on albums with 48kHz and 16 bit tracks, Geurro shows up. (I’m focusing on these albums because early in my digital experience I converted a number of CDs, using iTunes, at 48kHz under the impression it would “be better.” I am now going back and reripping at their original sample rates, etc. using dBpoweramp.)

I even tried having dBpoweramp rip the CD tracks at 44.1kHz and 16bit using its DSP effects. Guero still showed up when Roon focused on albums with 48kHz and 16 bit tracks. I also had Roon reanalyze the album but that didn’t eliminate Guerro from this focused search.

Same thing is happening on the Talking Head’s 77 (mix of 96kHz/24 bit and 48kHz/25 bit from DVD-A tracks and 44.1kHz/16 bit from CD tracks).

Interestingly, other albums (other Talking Heads, Band’s Last Waltz, etc.) that have a mix of DVA-A extracted files and CD extracted files do not show up when Roon focuses on albums with 48kHz and 16 bit tracks.

Any help to make sure Roon correctly identifies the album’s encoding correctly would be appreciated. Thx.

Hi @Pacoinmass,

Would you mind sharing one of the albums that’s experiencing this behavior with us?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.