Missing cover art when adding to library (Metadata improver halted)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Latest Roon version on Mac Mini.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Both.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Several via Sonos.

Description Of Issue
Do not get the cover art when adding to library.

Plus software tells me Metadata improver halted, software up date is needed … but all is on the recent version and

What to do?
Please help,
Peter

Hi @Peter_Kustermann,

First thing to try is rebooting the machine that the Roon Core is running on, that can often help.

Metadata improver halted

Suggest that a Roon is unable to connect Roon cloud services, so this might also be related to a firewall or networking issue.

So again it’s worth rebooting any network equipment, and also try temporarily switching of any firewalls.

Please read this topic, just maybe it can help you.

Dirk

The only thing that seems to work to fix this permantanlty is to delete Roons cache folder. Locate the folder for your specific operating system. Stop Roon then delete the contents of the cache folder or you can rename the folder if you want to instead, this is located in the Roon Server directory. Restart Roon all should be fine. I have given this advise to most users having this issue and it works. A reboot might clear it to but it often returns after some time.

1 Like

Strangely just rebooting did not help

This is exactly what I did loading from tidal

When switching of everthing, waiting a bit and starting again roon did the trick, I got the covers as well
Thank you

Has not happend yet but thank you if the problem returns I will proceed as you recommended

Hello @Peter_Kustermann, glad things are working again! Yes, please let us know if the issue returns, we’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.