Missing "in library" badge (still, i.e. after upgrade to Fall 2021 version) despite # of files seem to cover all files

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC - but I do not think it has anything to do with hardware.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

not relevant, problem is in software (or my use thereof).

Connected Audio Devices

ditto

Number of Tracks in Library

11905 tracks
6652 tracks from the above number comes from my NAS

Description of Issue

When I search some of the albums are not marked as “in library” (no badge). Like here, I search for “Behemoth” (group) and several albums, for example “The Apostasy” in not in the library. See picture below:

When I click on the album, enter its screen, then I could even add it to the library. See the picture below.

Yet when I get back to the Groups main page and select “Albums in my library” The Apostasy is on the list. Although it does not have the badge. (See the screenshot below). I can play the album nevertheless.

So there is inconsistency. Which is problematic, 'cos I managed to add several of such albums twice already, and now I am not sure where did they all go. Is there a way:
1/ to get searches and badges work correctly and yield the same result regardless how I come to the resulting set of albums?
2/ to identify duplicated albums?

Cheers,
Stan

The IN Your Library badge is not shown on views which are only of albums in your library. Discography includes content both In and Not In your library so the badge appears.

Is it, really?
Is section “Main albums” of “Discography” showing my library?
Attaching the same picture again…

If it were so, then following your logic I should get NO “In Your Library” badge for any album. Which is denied by the first album in the view below (I Loved You…)
Yet, other albums (e.g. The Apostasy), which I also do have in my library (but not from TIDAL, only from NAS) have no badge. Thus yet inconsistency in badging.

How to clarify that?
Would you have a second look please?

cheers,
stan

Hi Stan,

Fellow user here, not official support, just trying to help out. I was answering your question here:

which is specifically albums in your library view, and should not have the library icon, according to Roon.

As for Discography, The Satanist should be showing an in library badge. Lets investigate, if you go to the Tidal version as shown on Discography and choose Versions, is your ALAC version listed? After that, go to Overview and click into your ALAC copy and check the Versions tab there, is the Tidal version displayed?

Also, while on the Discography page, try clicking the library icon next to Focus, does it then show just “Evangelion” and “I Loved You at Your Darkest”, or, does it then show more?

Hi Daniel,
thanks a lot for you efforts!
Let me go through your mail:

if you go to the Tidal version as shown on Discography and choose Versions, is your ALAC version listed?

Here it shows TWO versions of The Apostasy album, both from TIDAL, no ALAC version (I suppose you mean version from my NAS).

After that, go to Overview and click into your ALAC copy and check the Versions tab there, is the Tidal version displayed?

Here it shows the TWO versions I meant above (from TIDAL) AND
1 library version (ALAC from my NAS).

Discography page, try clicking the library icon next to Focus, does it then show just “Evangelion” and “I Loved You at Your Darkest”, or, does it then show more?

After focusing just on library - it shows 9 albums, all having “in library” badge. The example “The Apostasy” with focus is shown with badge, without focus - without a badge. I add below two print screens if that might be easier to understand.

Before (no special focus)

after (focus on library content)

You seem to be on track of something… What might it be?

Cheers,
Stan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.