Missing My Qobuz Favorite Artists

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Air

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

EERO Mesh Network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chord Mojo via USB

Description Of Issue

I am a Qobuz subscriber and I am finding that not all of my favorite artists that appear in the Qobuz app under My Qobuz appear in Roon’s implementation of My Qobuz.

And, yes, I have gone to settings in Roon and performed a sync before writing this support ticket.

I have 37 artists saved in the Qobuz app, but only 33 appear in Roon.

Thank you!

Hi,

Roon adds artists for those albums that have been added into the Roon library.

For the each of 4 artists that are missing can you check you have at least one album for them in the library.

Hi, Carl…

When you say Library, are you referring to my owned music?

The Roon library contains references to your local music files (rips and downloads) … plus references to albums that have been added from the supported streamed servers (Tidal & Qobuz).

Check out this RKB page What’s the difference between albums in my library and albums outside of my library?

Adding an album to the library doesn’t seem to have anything to do with whether they appear in Roon or not. Many of My Favorites have not a single album added to the library, though they appear in both the Qobuz app along with Roon.

There must be something else going on!

Favoriting them in Tidal or Qobuz applications also adds them into the Roon library, when Roon Syncs with the service.

You will find that the option “Add to Library” icon is not displayed for such.

OK…then I still don’t understand the discrepancy. I have done nothing special or different for the 33 that do appear in Roon, versus the 4 that do not.

Did you check this?

I’m sorry for being thick, but I don’t know what to check for and where exactly.

Also, in just doing a search in Roon for one of the artists that doesn’t appear, I see a couple of tracks by a different artist in the Top Tracks section of Roon!?!?

The artist in question is King Diamond and in the top tracks section there are a couple of songs by a completely different band, Volbeat.

Actually, I just verified that it is only 3 artists that are missing, because there is one artist that comes up with 3 different names because of him sometimes releasing as a solo artist and because he’s changed record labels in the past as well.

So, all in all, only Sarah, The Illustramentalist, Sounds of Is and King Diamond that don’t come over from Qobuz to Roon.

Also, I just went back to Qobuz’s iOS app and favorited a new band at random and it immediately appeared in Roon.

OK…I am positive that there is something wrong with select artists that are being pulled from Qobuz into Roon.

1. I removed the artists that were not coming and re-added them. Sync’d and again they didn’t come over.
  2. Again, selected another artist at random and without even having to sync Qobuz library within Services section of Roon, the new artist appeared in the My Qobuz section simply by refreshing the My Qobuz page.

Hi @Ali_Shafai,

Can you verify where you’re looking for this artist? Are you looking under the Artist browser or are you looking under Qobuz > My Qobuz > Favorite Artists?

Hi, @dylan

I just tested some artists and they do appear in the Artist browser AND in Qobuz > My Qobuz > Favorite Artists.

But, not in all cases. For example, King Diamond wont appear in Qobuz > My Qobuz > Favorite Artists, but will in the Artist section.

It appears to be an acute problem affecting just a select number of artists.

Thanks, @Ali_Shafai — It seems I can reproduce this with the King Diamond example. I’m going to pass this over to the team for investigation.

1 Like

Thanks so much, @dylan.

Hi @Ali_Shafai,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior as well and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

Very good! I appreciate the response and the team looking into it!

Personal plug:
ROON AirPlay 2 support, please :pray:t4: :blush: :grimacing:

Hi @Ali_Shafai,

I met with the team today to discuss their investigation into this issue and I wanted to follow up with their findings.

This particular issue is a bit tricky. King Diamond is both an individual artist and a band. In Roon, we have both of these entities as separate artists. The albums that are coming from Qobuz are then split between these two Roon artists, meaning the single Qobuz artist does not match 1 to 1 with one of our existing artists.

Due to the lack of distinction between these two artists on the Qobuz side, we aren’t able to cleanly display the corresponding Roon artist in this list. In a vast majority of cases, the algorithm Roon uses to map Qobuz artists to Roon artists works without issue. It’s technically working correctly here too, but with the unfortunate consequence being that we can’t map the Qobuz artist cleanly to one Roon artist for display here.

At the moment there isn’t anything that can be changed to resolve this. We are always working to improve things on our end, but I can’t make any guarantees or offer any timelines for when a change could be made. For now, for these particularly rare and tricky cases, it’s best to navigate to the artist using other methods within Roon.

Apologies for the inconvenience, Ali! If you have any questions please do let me know.

Thank you for looking into it and for the detailed explanation.

1 Like