Missing tracks from Mercury Living Presence and Decca Sound box sets

Mac OS High Sierra, Roon version 1.7, build 571

Arris modem/router ethernet connection

Mac Mini connected via USB to P.S. Audio Direct Stream DAC

On most of the discs of the above box sets, a lot of the tracks are missing. Roon properly identifies all the tracks when I go into edit and “identify album”, but when I select “save”, the tracks that were missing before editing are still missing. I import from iTunes.

Hi @Joel_Nutting,

Can you share some screenshots of what you’re seeing here?

The first shot is the iTunes file, the second the imported Roon file, and the third what the Roon file looks like when I try to edit.
I tried attaching the screenshots to this post, but I just ended up with words, not the pictures. So, I sent them by replying to your email.

I’ll try sending the screenshots again.

Hi @Joel_Nutting,

Can you confirm that you’re using the recommended folder structure outlined here.

I think the discs are in album-level directories that you warn against and they are listed separately, not in one folder. So, I guess I need to figure out how to correct that. Maybe I should just abandon i-tunes and use a better file system, especially since Apple has abandoned i-tunes.

Do you have any suggestions?

Hi @Joel_Nutting,

There are a number of options out there for managing your files, tags, and rips — While we don’t recommend any specific one in particular, as long as the files are in the recommended structure Roon should be able to better handle these multi-disc sets. You can even make some changes in Finder or File Explorer to the folder structure for these items and that should work for you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.