Moby albums disappearing from artist

I have a rather strange issue, all my library albums by Moby do not appear when I search Moby, I have now on numerous occasions edited them to appear, which works for a while then days later they are no longer assigned to him. Any thoughts?

Local copies or TIDAL?

What do you mean by “have now on numerous occasions edited them to appear”? Using Roon or an external application? Can you play the files using another application?

Using Roon or prefer file, I can play them they just don’t come up as Moby albums when I search the artist

Okay, so they’re not missing in Roon. Perhaps you could share some screenshots from the Album Editor and Browse/ Overview.

Hello @Dannythered,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over the issue you are facing here. As @Martin_Webster suggested, would you be able to provide some screenshots of what the albums look like when you search for them?

Additionally, if you are using “Prefer File” when selecting the metadata settings, Roon may not be able to find the file if the Artist name is not in the original file metadata since Roon saves edits made to files in the Roon Database and using “Prefer File” overwrites this setting. If you select all of the affected albums by right clicking them and pressing “Edit” at the top, Album Editor should appear. Under Edit albums you would be able to add a “Primary Artist” to those albums and it should save that edit in the Roon Database. The album editor looks something like this:

After you have added the primary artist for those Albums as “Moby”, are you then able to search for them as expected? Please let me know when you have a chance.

Thanks,
Noris

Innocents and Play do not appear as Moby albums even though everything seems fine in album editor, the other day I only had one Moby album so readded th other seven, yesterday five of the seven remained but the other two mentioned above didn’t come up when I searched Moby

Hello @Dannythered,

Thank you for providing the screenshots, they will be very helpful to see what exactly is going on here. If you navigate directly to one of the 2 albums that fail to appear and click on the Artist name (Moby in this case) to get to the Artist page, are all the albums visible there? I’m thinking that there may be a space in the Artist’s name which may be causing it to be placed under another Artist. Ex. the Artist “Moby” might be different than the Artist "Moby " (with the space in the name being the difference). Can you please confirm and let me know?

Thanks,
Noris