Monophonic HD file won't play with convolution activated [Ticket Open]

The “bug” is still present in Roon 1.5 but I have found a workaround, which is to add in the convolution .zip file a mono.cfg configuration file dedicated to mono streams.
If you have a simple stereo impulse response filter “MyFilter.wav”, the file is as follows:

44100 1 2 0
0 0
MyFilter.wav
MyFilter.wav

If you run like I do HAF convolution filters, your mono.cfg file should be:

44100 1 2 0
0 0
HAF_xtalk_44_HL.wav
HAF_xtalk_44_HL.wav
HAF_xtalk_44_HR.wav
HAF_xtalk_44_HR.wav

Still it would be more practical to have Roon automatically converting mono streams into double mono streams, as Jriver does.

1 Like

Hi @alec_eiffel ---- Thank you for the updated here and my apologies for the delay.

I wanted to touch base with you because our techs have confirmed that they are still seeing the same behavior reported here in 1.5 and as such, have issued a ticket with our DEV team for evaluation/further investigation.

While I cannot comment on when this will be addressed I can assure you that I will keep you up to date as I am passed feedback from the team.

Thanks again!
-Eric

1 Like

Just came across this odd problem this morning. Playback of files tagged as MONO won’t work when convolution is turned on. If convolution is turned off, it works! Any ideas?

@extracampine ---- Thank you for post and sharing this observation you have made with us!

Continuing forward, I have moved your report over to this thread so we can keep you up to date on our progress as we investigate this issue.

Thanks again!
-Eric

UPDATE @extracampine Would it be possible for you to send us a sample filter that you are noticing this behavior with?

At your earliest convenience if you could please send the media over via a shared dropbox link in a PM addressed to me it would be very appreciated!

Thank you Eric for following this up.

1 Like

Oh snap! I have a ton of mono recordings that I enjoy. I haven’t noticed any mono playback problems with HAF filters, simply because the Roon convolution engine does not play well with Linn streaming right now, so I can’t even listen to my HAF filters. Audio dropouts.

Looks like this might be a double whammy for me.

I’m sure Roon will come through, though.

Just seen this reply, sorry! Yes, will send a copy of my filter later today!

Still not fixed. A bummer, I cannot disengage DSP/convolution because of multichannel active filtering, so cannot listen to any mono file or radio station…

@eric,
Came here to say that I just encountered this issue. A fix would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Noticed there was a fix for speaker setup with mono audio in the last release. Any chance this could get looked at as well?

@support I continue to run into this issue. Any chance to get this fixed?

Also still experiencing the same issue. I’d be curious if there’s a fix or workaround

I still encounter this issue and would love to see it fixed. Cheers!

Please note this also affects live radio, and a certain percent of these are monophonic.

1 Like