More than one iOS endpoint?

Is this possible ? I have iPhone 6 which is working well as endpoint. I restarted an old 5S and updated to ios11 and roon 1.4 - appeared briefly as networked endpoint but has now disappeared never to be seen again. Have restarted phones/core with no success. Is it an issue to have multiple iPhone endpoints ?

No issue at all.

First thing to do is make sure that the iPhone 5 is still on the the same network as your Roon Core.

Yep - definitely on the same network

Is it marked as a private zone?

Have unchecked private zone in both devices. They can now recognise themselves as available zones but not each other as networked devices. This may be expected behaviour but I had hoped to group them together with other RAAT endpoints and that doesn’t seem possible

Enjoy the ride.

Also I think never seen again is exaggerated :grinning:

If you have Roon on those iPhones, you should see them. Tough you may have to play something in order to make this to work.

In worst case. Full reboot.

The extreme is use the clear all settings options.
Before you as a very last option do a full reinstall.

I’ve sort of given up - iPhone 6S no issues - discoverable and groupable. 5S - can now find on network but won’t play audio and when grouped is unavailable. All settings identical- go figure !

Let’s tag @support to follow up on this.

Thanks Carl

Hi @Paul_Butler ----- Thank you for the continued feedback and more importantly, thank you for your patience. My apologies for the slow response.

Moving forward, I would like to get our tech team some more information about this behavior you are experiencing with the iPhone 5S by enabling diagnostics on your account. With this in mind, may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following time frames:

" 5S - can now find on network but won’t play audio and when grouped is unavailable. All settings identical- go figure !"

Timestamp #1: When the S5 will not play audio.
Timestamp #2: When the S5 is listed as “unavailable” when grouped.

Once I have the above time frames I will go ahead and enable diagnostics on your account as this action will automatically generate/upload a diagnostics report containing a set of Roon logs directly to our serves the next time the application is launched on both your core machine and the S5.

-Eric