Motorola Moto G84, with Android 13, Play Store ARC Won't Load (APK Works)

Hi Roon labs,
Congrats with your new update.

I’m a power user of all Roon’s software. I use ROCK, client software and ARC. Roon is my only connection to internet streaming. Together with Qobuz, it all work perfect.

The only problem I have is that my Motoraola Moto G84, with Android 13, doesn’t go well with the ARC app that is offered in Google Play.

I have a link from you to access the ARC apk so that works ok, but the problem still continues after the new update.

The ARC app will not start and shows only the logo “forever”. I have tried to erase cash and restarted it a lot of times. No change.

Thx.

Hi @Nils-Elling_Stubberu,

Thank you for the report. What is the version of Motorola MyUX installed on this phone?

Are you willing to replicate the failed Google Play store load of the app while recording ADB Android logs to supply our team? If possible, we’d like to get a fresh field instance of this failure.

Here are specific instructions you can follow at your convenience:
a

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so.:

Thank you again!

Thx. Connor.
I will do the log job during the comming weekend.
Thx

Hi, Connor.
The version is (I think) is 9.0.225.16.
Thx

Hi, Connor.
The version (I think) is 07.21.1.16-R

1 Like

Thanks, @Nils-Elling_Stubberu, I will pass this information to QA along with logs supplied. We appreciate you offering your time to assist us.

Out of curiosity, if you move your RoonServer and ARC install over to the Early Access branch, do you still encounter this issue with the Play Store download? Your symptoms resemble an ARC bug on Android for which we’re testing a fix.

Here are instructions for joining Early Access. You’ll need to migrate your RoonServer install first, and then follow the instructions to join the Beta branch in the Play Store:

Hi, Connor.
Downloaded and intalled the ARC .apk file from the Roon Early Access Program website that you send me, and I have joined the ARC beta-testing through Google Play. My ROCK is still in production mode, though.
The ARC .apk install works just fine on my Motorola Moto G84.
I then uninstalled the .apk from the EAP site and installed ARC (beta) from Google Play. First it froze up, but after clearing the cash files it woke up.
Problem solved, I guess…
Thx.

Glad to hear it’s working for now. We’d like to resolve the lingering Play Store issues you’re experiencing on the public build so updating versions can be an easier experience overall.

The fix we’ve implemented is now in the public production build, so I’m curious if you’re able to successfully download/log in using the Play Store public download.

Alternatively, if you switch your ROCK to Early Access as well, you’ll remain on the beta branch.

Hi, Connor.
I uninstalled the .apk from the EAP site and installed ARC (beta) from Google Play. First it froze up, but after clearing the cashfiles it woke up.
Problem solved, I guess.

I was syncing with our developers on this issue as you wrote in - clearing the cache was their suggestion. Glad to hear that resolved it for now. Please keep us posted if this occurs.

By the way, Connor,
Well done!
This quick fix with the ARC app shows that you take every customers problems serious.
Thx

1 Like

I have now included the server (ROCK) into the Early Access Program.
Thx.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.