Mouse scrolling amount settings on Windows changes scrolling direction in roon [Ticket Opened]

Until recently, my mouse has been set to scroll several lines at a time vertically. Roon has behaved as expected: scrolling the mouse wheel towards me (“down”) scrolls to the next page of content: the album list scrolls to the right, image lists in album details scrolls right, pages with scroll bars (such as song lists, overflowing setup options pages) scroll down.

After changing the mouse scrolling to scroll a page at a time, the scrolling direction of everything mentioned is reversed, conforming to the mac UX standard instead of windows standard. This can be observed by opening either mouse settings dialog and changing the setting back and forth while in roon.

With page-at-a-time scrolling, scrolling the wheel towards me (“down”) moves the content down, ie, revealing content closer to the beginning of the content. When I scroll the album thumbnails in Album view “down”, the list goes left towards the first album instead of right towards the last. Ditto for everything else.

There doesn’t seem to be an option to change this according to preference.

Please add an option to control this behavior, or make the scrolling direction consistent and independent of the scrolling size.

Thanks,

• Eric

Hi @ezman ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us!

Moving forward, we are going to do some testing in house to see what we come up with. Once I have some feedback I will be sure to update this thread accordingly. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric