Moving core from iMac to Innous Mini

Hi Guys,

Having some issue moving my core from my iMac to an Innous server (Zen Mini Mk3).

I seem to have lost most cover art & I keep loosing connection to the core? Also, will all TIDAL albums I’ve added to my older core automatically “synch” once I initiate my TIDAL account or do I need to import my last backup?

Cheers
Matt

Did you do a backup of Roon and a restore to the new build?

no…I do regular back ups, will manually do another but how do you then “restore”?

In Settings , Backups, Find Backups (restore from there).

Hi @Matthew_Taylor ---- Thanks for the post/questions!

The steps listed here in our knowledge base on how to move your “Roon database” to a new core machine should help explain the process. If you run into any troubles just drop a flag for support and a team member will be glad to lend a hand.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I’ve now successfully moved my core to the Innous Zen Mini Mk3 BUT…both my iPad & iPhone ROON apps don’t work anymore??

They struggle to connect to the core & I’m wondering whether this is a wifi issue as my cheapo modem/router is the other side of the house to my music room in which the server sits? Although as I write this I’m sitting next to my modem in my office with my iPad & it’s struggling to connect??

If do choose a CORE, I do notice I still have the option for my old core so maybe I’ve not transferred my Core correctly?

Hello @Matthew_Taylor,

Seeing the two cores means that you didn’t exit Roon out of the iMac, I would close Roon or RoonServer on the iMac if you don’t wish to use the iMac as your Core.

What is your network setup like? Please list the model/manufacturer for your router/switches/range extenders/powerline adapters/ect.

Is your Innous connected via Ethernet? Do you have any firewalls on the router that could be blocking the connection? Are your Roon Remotes using the newest version available? Is your Innous up to date?

Please also take a look at our networking best practices guide to see if your Router is on the list of routers that require additional configuration made to it.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

Yes, it’s seems I’ve not fully closed down the older core on my iMac but I think I’ve done this now as I uninstalled ROON (on my iMac) & both iPad & IPhone now only see one core (Zen Mini) but it’s still not connecting properly $ cycles through not available, initialising & ready.

When it does connect it’s showing no music & I then get a message saying remove some focus items (or something like that) so I’m now thinking maybe the library (which I’ve imported into the Innous server HD ) hasn’t synced properly…but I can’t even choose any Tidal tracks?

I don’t have any firewalls set up & my modem/router are the same as when I had the core on the iMac.

My network consists of a modem/router > 25 mtr Cat 5 > music room > 8 way switch > Innous (LAN Ethernet) > Innous out (Streamer Ethernet) > Ethernet Bridge II (PS Audio DirectStream DAC).

I’ll be back home in an hour.

Cheers
Matt

Hello @Matthew_Taylor,

Can you please provide the exact model and manufacturer of your router, modem an switch? Have you tried rebooting your Core and iOS device yet? Or even force-exiting Roon and then opening the app again? Have you added Roon as an exception in your OSX firewall? You can use these instructions to check this. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

Here are the details of my modem/router supplied by my ISP in Australia (Optus). It’s supposed to be their more advanced modem/router & have 5Ghz band but that’s not working??

Sagemcom
Board ID: F@ST3864AC
Symmetric CPU Threads: 2
HardWare Version: 253688887

I have rebooted the new Innous server several times plus I’ve deleted & reinstalled the ROON app on my mobile devices.

What I may have done though is redownload the core s/ware on the iMac by mistake, can you please confirm which version of roon I need to download to be only used to control like my iPad/iPhone?

Cheers
Matt

Hi Noris,
I may have fixed it by force scanning the library & fiddling with my modem/router settings, re-enabling the 5Ghz wifi band. It was working normally last night so hopefully all fixed now.

Hello @Matthew_Taylor,

For the Roon version it would be the All-In-One version, and just select the Innous as the Core. Glad to hear that the issue is resolved for the time being with the new router settings in place, I will leave this thread open and if it occurs again do let me know here.

Thanks,
Noris