Moving music from ext to internal HDD on Nucleus. How?

I have my Nucleus setup. The internal HDD is formatted from the Roon manager and it setup to see the internal and ext HDD (the ext is loaded with all the music) How do I transfer the music between the two HDD’s? I am using a Windows 10 PC, my customer that i will be setting this up for is using a Mac. Also is there an easy way to make that internal HDD a shared folder to transfer music from for HDTracks and things for downloaded music to be sent to?

The Nucleus should already be exposing the internal drive via its SMB network share. If copying to the internal drive, for performance reasons, I’d connect the external drive to your client machine, and then you copy from the locally attached drive to the internal drive in the Nucleus over the network. If you leave it connected to the Nucleus, you’d basically be transferring the files twice, as a copy operation over the network shares would hairpin through the client machine.

I’m sorry you might have to explain it a little bit differently, all I know is when I go into Windows networking I don’t see it which is how I normally share things on my network, or map network drives. I’m just trying to make this easy for my customer and it seems like it’s a lot harder than it should be.

I don’t own a Nucleus, so cannot give specific instructions. But my guess is that if you connect to it’s built-in web page, it should show you somewhere the network share name you need to connect to. Then you’d paste that into the start bar on Windows, or into Go->Server in Finder on a Mac.

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @Bradley_Bossman, and sorry for the difficulties here!

We have a great article that I recommend you check out regarding moving files to the internal storage of the Nucleus.

You can copy music to this drive by visiting the network share:

From a Windows PC

\NUCLEUS\Data\Storage\InternalStorage

So you can access \\NUCLEUS\Data\Storage\InternalStorage from your Windows PC and copy the files over the network right to this folder location.

If you have any other questions about this please let me know!

-Dylan

perfect!!! This did it!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.