MQA first unfold in Roon? MQA? [Delivered in 1.5]

Point well taken. Yet personally I don’t seek MQA…I search for an artist or album…and that makes finding the MQA version, if it exists, quite easy.

I was with you until … “But then they go back to stupid stuff, like why does the Tidal app not do first unfold on iOS?” . How in the freakin’ world is it Meridian’s fault that the Tidal app does not decode mqa in their iOS app? It’s an absurd statement. It’s precisely statements like this that make me wonder what inspires your anti-Meridian/MQA stance.

Frankly, when I read the TAS article shared by Chrislayeruk and read, “Other fields have been more open to these breakthroughs, but for some reason audio seems to be populated largely by calcified fundamentalists who cling to the past.”, I thought of your comments and many others on MQA in this thread.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link !

Many here are biased with MQA.
They simply want it to sound better, and so it does for them.
A simple perception bias.
Others have business interests.
You have to go to the CA forum to read about MQA.

2 Likes

I even know of a group of Audio fans, who prefer Apple, Itunes and Airplay streaming over anything else.
There are Airplay streamers which sold (maybe still sell) for up to 10k € or more.
For them its by far the best sound.
And they buy these streamers.
Something similar is maybe happening with MQA, probably because of that strange marketing done by Meridian.
Music perception is really subjective.

Being biased against is no more objective or informed than being biased for!

1 Like

Do you really think that the information on CA is any more accurate or unbiased as what you read here? For the most part individuals participate on sites where others have the same general ideas or positions as they do. Sure you will always have those who enjoy arguing their point or just trolling.

1 Like

There is more information on CA.
It is not a pure fan boy forum.
My- subjective- opinion.

Or you can go to The Archimago Blog.
He was quite pro MQA.
Then he made his measurements…
Things changed…

As I’ve reiterated elsewhere, with all due respect, did Archimago, through his very thorough and much appreciated research, not find that MQA sounds, at the absolute minimum, “audibly transparent” to high-resolution PCM?

Forget all of the “deblurring”, and “aliasing.” If it’s “audibly transparent”, I, frankly, don’t care one bit for any other considerations and claims, nor the ins and outs.

All I’m concerned with, as a music-lover and a consumer, is the fact that I can now hear the same hi-res albums that used to cost me anywhere from $17 to $24 for the same $20 I was previously spending anyway.

What is there to be upset about, exactly?

I have no upset with MQA.
Why should I?
There are millions who like apple streaming at 256kbps and millions who enjoy spotify at 128 or 320 kbps.
For the labels that is what counts, n’est pas?
If one is happy with MQA, just enjoy!
Oh: And dont forget Amazon and Google.
But I would never pay 20€ a month to a hip hop streamer like Tidal.
Personal opinion that is.

A “hip-hop streamer”, eh? I understand the marketing may appear to be geared in certain directions, and demographics may be what they may be, but, Tidal have the exact same licensing agreements and virtually identical content to every other service out there. Everything else aside from content should be irrelevant.

1 Like

As I say, everybody his…

I keep hearing people are actually playing and listening to DSD. They appear to be happy and healthy.

I guess the same goes for MQA…

They do? Still DSD? wow.

I begin to see the similarities between MQA and DSD… When DSP is applied to MQA, it will lose its so called ‘magic’ and the ‘blue light’ will suddenly goes away. For DSD, it is converted to PCM😟!

Either ways, You can’t have best in the world but you can probably get the best beer in the world… Carlsberg

I can rip SACDs with a Sony PS3 and play the DSF files!

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 (USB - I2S interface)

What does it unfold to? The flac/alac is 24/48, I think.

The advantages of easy origami are two-fold.
-Tim Vine

2 Likes