MQA renderer kicking in on non-MQA files?

Hi

On a bought 24/96 album, stored on my NAS I noticed this:

Is Roon or the DragonFly Red downsampling the original, higher bitrate file to 44.1kHz? As far as I know the files I bought aren’t MQA files but plain PCM. The DragonFly does light up in the non MQA kind of pink that normally signals 24/96 information being played back.

These are my DSP settings:

If I play the same file on my non MQA capable AudioEngine D1 dac that is connected to my PC instead of my Mac, I seem to get 24/96:

The DragonFly sounds better, so I prefer to use that DAC but that first screenshot signalling ORFS 44.1 kHz confuses me. Can anyone explain what I see? :slight_smile:

Flagging @support.

2 Likes

Hi @Indigolight ----- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The feedback and insight are both appreciated!

Moving forward, I would like to have our tech team take a closer look into this behavior you’ve reported to us and as such would kindly like to ask you to please provide a media sample via a shared dropbox link in a PM addressed to me.

Additionally, could you please also verify…

• The make and model of the device currently hosting your Roon core.
  • The name of the mentioned album you bought that is displaying the issue.
  • Does every track from the mentioned album behave this way or is it just one?

-Eric

Confirmed fixed with the latest update!

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.