MQA with DSP (not) recognized in Meridian chain

Last May I wrote to Meridian about my 218/7200SE combination not recognizing an MQA stream after in-Roon DSP treatment. My understanding was that this is a Meridian firmware issue and not so much a Roon issue. Meridian answered me, confirming the issue and informing me that “we will introduce firmware updates for the relevant Meridian products to take advantage of this development.”. Since then (6 months now) I have seen no news. As I am probably not alone in this - does anybody have any news on this?

Peter

This is frustrating me too…

I wrote to Meridian. They said they expected to release updated firmware for the SE speakers, but I have not seen anything yet. It shouldn’t be all that difficult, I would think. Recently I asked them about progress but there has not been a reply until now. I really like the Meridian gear, but this is below expectations.

Who did you write to at Meridian? They are about to ship a new MQA-enabled streamer (model 210) that is sure to exacerbate this long-running problem if it also needs a firmware update.

I own DSP5200SEs that won’t complete the final unfold. My Meridian 218 is a relatively new product that also won’t let me enjoy any sort of DSP (i.e. room correction) along with MQA like my cheap iFi DAC easily does. Roon forwards the necessary instructions after DSP processing, and the MQA-licensed DAC complies.

Who at Meridian needs a concerted lobbying effort from us formerly-patient customers?

My mail was just addressed to support@meridian.co.uk , no individual name given and in their response no name was provided. On May 15, 2018, they wrote to me: “At present, no Meridian products identify such streams as MQA. However, we can confirm that we will introduce firmware updates for the relevant Meridian products to take advantage of this development.” I would certainly welcome and support any initiative to get them moving on this.