Multi room streaming using my own receivers and speakers

Good point about trying to build it myself. Would the case sold with the HAT also fit the RPI?
What OS should I pick?
And should I pick RPI 3 or 4?
Thanks!

Hi Gianfri,

Which hat are you considering? I would suggest start with selecting the hat and then selecting the version of Pi, based on what is compatible. As to what OS to select, if it is compatible with the hat I’d probably go with Ropireee. The tutorials on installing it and setting it up are available in the Roon forums and seem pretty good.

I’m fairly positive the HiFiBerry digi pro is compatible with either the Pi 3B+ or 4B+ and Ropireee. I don’t know about the Allo digione, you should be able to check on the Allo website or maybe in the Allo section here in Roon. I’d also read through the threads here on using the Pi 4B+ with Roon, if they say it works well I’d go with a Pi 4. It has more power, memory and improved features. That said I’m using Pi 3B+'s and they work fine.

As to the case, you’ll need to check on the particular companies website. They should tell what hat & Pi version each case is compatible with. You’ll also want to make sure you have the correct power supply, again that info should be on each company’s website.

Regards,
Mario

I am glad to report that my project seems to be successful! I assembled a Rasberry Pi 3+ and a HiFiBerry Digi Plus HAT and things are working well! Thank you all for your guidance and support.

1 Like

Hi Gianfri,

You’re most welcome.

Regards,
Mario