Multichannel Audio Skipping

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 / Nvidia1650 (wasapi event) > HDMI > Sony STR-DN1080 > 5.1

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology DS412+ > Cat6 to everything

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nvidia Card / HDMI

Description Of Issue

Any multichannel audio file will not play. Roon will skip through each song until it reaches the end. Files play on VLC, Foobar, Kodi. All files are converted DVDA or DSD to flac.

Hi @Erik_Goldstein,

Are all other file types loading okay?

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for the Zone you’re trying to play these to? Does it work for other zones?

Hi Dylan,

Yes, all other files are loading and playing. I should mention the build is 1.7 (505), and I was not sure how to upload logs here.

The files will load on the other zones I have.
Same computer going through a RME ADI-2 Dac.
W10 pc going through a mojo chord.

Hi @Erik_Goldstein,

Are you using any DSP settings? Can you share a screenshot of what the signal path looks like when playing non multichannel files?

I just realized I missed something upon further testing and digging through the logs.

It now seems anything above the bitrate of the GPU (24/192) will not play. I noticed there was a setting in DSP for sample rate conversion and bingo! That was it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.