Multichannel endpoint with HDMI

I am currently using a fanless Windows 10 PC (nuc7 with 8650u i7, 16 gb ram, and an internal SSD) with an Anthem AVM60 and can confirm it works fine for both stereo and multi-channel via HDMI. A couple things I’ve learned in the process:

• You probably already know this, but the AVM60 doesn’t have native support for DSD. So if you have any DSD, make sure your “DSD Playback Strategy” setting is “Convert to PCM” or else Roon won’t play those tracks. See the Knowledge Base for details about this setting.
  • My NUC has a driver issue related to HDMI and high-res formats. Hopefully, your PC won’t have this issue, but I had to use ASIO4ALL instead of WASAPI due to the “initialization” errors. I detailed this workaround here if you need it: ASIO4ALL Config
  • My NUC is on 24/7 (since it’s also a media server), but I discovered it doesn’t re-establish the HDMI connection after the AVM60 is turned off/on. This seems to be a pretty common problem with HTPCs. The solution seems to be an EDID emulator (Dr. HDMI, etc.) that tricks the PC into thinking the receiver is always on.

Hope this helps.