Multichannel playback via HDMI

Hi There
I set up with a friend together a Nucleus by Roon/ Linn system. We couldn’t manage to get the multichannel Music (2L) via HDMI to work in a complete active Linn equipment. Any ideas to solve the issue is highly appreciated

Best
Armin

I’ve moved your post into the Nucleus Support category, where it will be seen, and responded to, by the Support team.

1 Like

Hi @anon26308295,

Thanks for reaching out to us here!

• Can you please let me know which model Linn DAC you are using?
  • Does regular content (non-multichannel) play as expected via the HDMI output?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Signal Path when there is multichannel content playing via the HDMI output?

cid:83EA9CA5-70DB-489B-BFBA-0B3587ABE225@local
I am using a Klimax DSM with 4 Exakt Speakers. Normal Content plays fine over HDMI.

Multichanel only the front speakers.

Same input and cable work fine with SACD in an Oppo BPP 203!

Best regards

Kay

Hi @anon26308295,

It appears that you shared a screenshot of your media details page, not the Signal Path, can you please share a screenshot of the signal path when there is multichannel content playing to the Klimax? Signal path looks like this for reference:

563a50b3-d733-42e5-82e9-af5b60c5ea96

Also, I would check the Device Setup tab to see what the channel layout settings are, you can access this by going into Roon Settings -> Audio -> Cogwheel icon next to HDMI zone -> Device Setup and it looks something like this:

Hi Noris, thanks for the support!
Everything worked after the right settings flawless.

Best Armin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.