Multipart tracks? [Resolved]

I had never noticed this before. For a few albums in my library, Roon displays each track in the album as having two parts. Really, it is displaying the whole song as each part and the overall track length is thus double the actual song length. It plays each track on those albums twice in a row.

How do I fix this? I could not readily find a solution in the edit screens…

Hi @James_I ----- Thank you for the report and the feedback. Both are appreciated!
Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly, are you saying that Roon is appearing to break songs up into two parts when they should be one OR are you seeing duplicate tracks of single songs?

Furthermore, may I ask you to please provide the following:

1. The basic details of your setup.

2. A screenshot of the error you are seeing in Roon.

3. A screenshot of one of the albums that you are noticing this behavior in it’s storage location. I would like to see what the folder structure looks like, as well as the naming convention being used.

-Eric

Hi Eric thanks for the quick reply!

I cannot reproduce it right now. What I was seeing was the duplication of each track indicated by Roon as Parts 1 and 2, with the whole track time indicated as twice as long as the track actually was. Roon would play each track twice in a row.

Going back into my library now, and that isn’t there. I initially saw this on my other installation at another house, after copying over a backup of my database. That may have something to do with it. When I return there, if it is still happening I will answer your questions.

Sorry for the trouble. I know I saw it!

Thank you for touching base with me @James_I, no apology necessary :wink: Drop me a line if you happen to notice this again and we’ll pick up where we left off.

Happy listening!
-Eric