Multiple homes, core & endpoints in each home - how do you do it?

Just found and read this thread. Count me in on looking for a solution.

My setup is 2 (3rd if you count my office) locations with a LOT hardware. PFSense firewalls, TrueNAS, Proxmox, Unifi, etc. Very new to Roon but quickly realizing that trying to use it to its fullest in 2 homes… as you all know.

UDP does not traverse wireguard VPN out of the box. It’s frustrating for all of us that something like NAS C1 cannot act as a Roon Bridge/Endpoint on another network. Really, that’s how it should work. I get the complications of programing the Desktop App so… let it work through Bridge.

I’m digging into this… thinking that maybe there is an LXC that I can create on Proxmox that sends the UDP packats across the VPN. GitHub - synfinatic/udp-proxy-2020: A crappy UDP router for the year 2020 and beyond.

I have rack mounted servers, so carrying between locations is a no go… plus, my homes are across continents. My Roon Server is running as an LXC in proxmox, I could easily back that up and restore it to the proxmox in the other location and back and forth… 4x a year… not very slick.

Will also take a closer look at this How to: Roon Mobile over WireGuard on a UniFi USG