Multiple simultaneous users

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Dedicated computer with Euphony v3.20200712
Digital files on a Synology NAS
TIDAL subscription.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
12 zone CRESTRON Adagio system.

Description Of Issue
Dear Sirs,

From the Euphony I went via USB to an iFi Zen DAC and from there to the Crestron.

My question is, what do I have to do to make it possible for them to listen to some Tidal files in some areas and other songs from Tidal or my NAS library in other areas.

I am willing to buy the necessary licenses and if necessary I buy another or other DACs but I don’t know if the operating system supports two or more users accessing the libraries simultaneously, what do you recommend?

Your Roon core is only providing a single digital output at present (USB to your ifi DAC) and then analogue line level to your Crestron system. As I understand it your Crestron system ca take multiple line level analogue inputs and distribute them around your house. To take advantage of both Roon and Crestron you need to provide the Crestron system with multiple analogue inputs from your Roon core. The easiest way to do this would be to use several USB DAC’s attached to your Roon core, each would then provide an independent analogue input to the Crestron system. You should have several USB ports available on the core that you can utilise this way.

I am sure that different strategies are also possible and perhaps others with more experience of legacy multiroom systems will suggest alternatives.

1 Like

Hi @Pedro_A_Gonzalez_L,

Welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify here, you are trying to connect a Roon output to the Crestron Adagio system, and the Adagio system is being controlled by another Crestron interface?

I will mention that we do have a Crestron module available, but to use it you must use a Roon Nucleus Core. More information on our Crestron Module here:

If you are just trying to add more zones to Roon and still keep the separate control, then @EricJ provides a fantastic suggestion!

We also have a list of Roon Tested and Roon Ready DACs on our partners page which may help:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.